Airport Avenue Placemaking
Bankstown Airport will soon see the Marion Street entry undergo a major makeover as part of the Airport Avenue Placemaking works.
The works will deliver placemaking, landscaping, wayfinding and infrastructure upgrades at Airport Avenue and adjacent airport-maintained streets (Avro Street, Miles Street, Desoutter Street), along with streetscape improvements to sections of Marion Street.
Renowned landscape architects Oculus have prepared the landscape master plan to guide these placemaking initiatives. Award winning construction group Taylor Australia will deliver the works.
The Airport Avenue Placemaking works are in line with our vision to create the ultimate gateway to Southwest Sydney.
The Airport Avenue Placemaking works will improve the experience, surroundings, and amenity within the Airport Precinct. The first stage of the works will occur in the northern section of the airport precinct, and will deliver:
- Significant landscaping upgrades along the corner of Marion Street and Airport Avenue;
- Construction of a café and outdoor seating areas;
- Landscaping and footpath upgrades along Airport Avenue to the Airport Terminal;
- Wayfinding and street lighting upgrades along Airport Avenue;
- Partial closure of Desoutter Street with new a car park (and EV charging stations) between Desoutter Street and Miles Street;
- Road re-sheeting of Airport Avenue.