Conditions of Use
As we recover from the impacts of COVID, SMA continues to invest heavily in general aviation with upgrades to the Bankstown Terminal, pavement maintenance, hangar refurbishments and airfield lighting.
Effective 1 September 2022, Sydney Metro Airports (SMA) will be updating the Aviation Condition of Use (COU) for both Bankstown and Camden Airports.
These documents outline SMA’s aeronautical rules, guidelines and charges when operating airside at our Airports.
Operating our Airports in a Responsible and Safe manner is a core value at SMA. SMA would like to remind our General Aviation customers of the following key safety requirements of operating at our Airports:
- Boats, caravans, motorhomes, motorbikes, pushbikes, scooters, and skateboards are not permitted on airside areas.
- Hi-Vis apparel (e.g. vest or shirt) must be worn by aircrew or maintenance personnel when airside on a taxiway, apron, within an aircraft parking area, or within the manoeuvring area.
- If driving or using a vehicle airside, you must obtain prior approval from SMA.
SMA aeronautical charges have been updated to include a 5% increase compared to the existing COU (ex GST), in force since 1 July 2021.
SMA is here to support our General Aviation customers. In order to mitigate the impact of the 1 September 2022 rate increase, SMA is pleased to announce:
- For small aircraft (operated at less than 5,700kg) – a reduction in the level of Public Liability Insurance Cover required to operate for private / personal use to $5,000,000 (existing obligation: $20,000,000, refer Section 14 of the COU); and
- SMA will be offering a 5% rebate to all customers having a nil Statement Balance every 31 December and 30 June, with the rebate applied to customer accounts every January and July thereafter.
We look forward to partnering with you to ensure our Airports are always kept safe for your Aviation activities.
Please contact GM Aviation should you wish to discuss any updates to the COU.
More detail on methods of payment and the schedule of rates can be found in the Conditions of Use.
The below Conditions of Use for Bankstown Airport is in effect until 31 August 2022Sydney Metro Airport Bankstown – Conditions of Use – 2021 July
The below Conditions of Use for Bankstown Airport effective from 1 September 2022Sydney Metro Airport Bankstown – Conditions of Use – Sept 2022
The below Conditions of Use for Camden Airport will is in effect until 31 August 2022Sydney Metro Airport Camden – Conditions of Use – 2021 July
The below Conditions of Use for Camden Airport effective from 1 September 2022Sydney Metro Airport Camden – Conditions of Use – Sept 2022